We have been hearing rumors about the new LG V30 for some time, the handset is now official. The new LG V30 and V30+ are powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 mobile processor.
The handsets comes with a 6 inch OLED FullVision Display that features a QuadHD+ resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels and there are 538 pixels per inch.
The V30 comes with 4GB of RAM and there is a choice of two storage options 64GB or 128GB, both models feature a microSD card slot which supports up to 2TB cards. The LG V30 comes with 64GB of storage, the V30+ has 128GB.
LG has included three cameras in their new LG V30 and V30+ smartphones. On the front of the device there is a 5 megapixel camera with a wide angle lens. On the back if the handset there is one 13 megapixel camera with a wide angle lens, plus a 16 megapixel camera with a standard lens.
Here are the key specifications on the LG V30:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- V30: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- V30+: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
- Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Aurora Black / Cloud Silver / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging
The LG V30 is launching in South Korea on the 21st of September, the handset is then headed to the US, Europe, the Middle East and more countries