Kickstarter backers and space gamers looking forward to the launch of the new Elite Dangerous game which is aiming to bring the classic Elite space trading and combat game into the 21st-century. Are sure to enjoy this new beta footage trailer which has been released by the game’s developers, Frontier Developments.
The new Elite Dangerous game will be launched supporting the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and the beta testing phase is now available to join for anyone who missed the Kickstarter crowd funding campaign, or didn’t pledge enough, for an extra £50.
The beta testing phase offers players 55 playable star systems, 29,000 cubic lightyears and a wealth of multiplayer modes and missions to enjoy. Check out of the latest footage from the game in the teaser trailer below to see how far it has progressed. New Elite Dangerous beta 1 features include :
▪ 55 star systems covering 29,000 cubic lightyears
▪ Initial online mission system functionality added (to be further developed through Beta)
▪ Player-to-player communication by text and voice added
▪ Friends management and matchmaking added
▪ Private Group play option added
▪ Solo play option added
▪ Overview trade route mapping added
▪ The concept of fuel consumption added
▪ Docking computers added to assist with safe landings
▪ Additional Viper heavy fighter and Lakon Type 6 medium trader ships added
“Look up to the night sky, your dreams of exploring the stars and the endless galaxies beyond are made real in Elite: Dangerous. Every dot on the vast cosmic starscape of the Milky Way is a star system and within are an amazing mix of planets, moons, asteroid belts, rings, comets or cosmological marvels waiting to be discovered.
The Milky Way galaxy features 400 billion star systems; each one can be explored. Take a hyperspace jump out into the unknown and bear witness to some of the most beautiful natural phenomena in the universe. You could be raked by x-ray bursts from a pulsar or witness stellar flares and coronal mass ejections up close.”
Source: Frontier Developments
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.