A new beehive design called the Flow Hive has been created by a father and son team to revolutionise the way that honey is collected from beehives.
The Flow Hive has been specifically designed to offer an easy way to extract the honey from a beehive with the simple turn of a handle, making the extraction much easier on the bees. Watch the video below to learn more about this revolutionary new beehive.
“Flow is a revolutionary beehive invention, allowing you to harvest honey without opening the hive and with minimal disturbance to the bees. Turn the tap and watch as pure, fresh, clean honey flows right out of the hive and into your jar. No mess, no fuss, no expensive processing equipment and without disturbing the bees.
We are excited to introduce our new invention that allows you to enjoy fresh honey straight out of your beehive without opening it. It’s far less stress for the bees and much, much easier for the beekeeper.
Harvesting Your Honey Used To Be A Real Labour of Love :
• First you had to protect yourself from stings
• Fire up a smoker to sedate the bees
• Crack the hive open
• Lift heavy boxes
• Pull out the frames, trying not to squash bees
• Brush the bees off the combs, or use a leaf blower!
• Transport the frames to a processing shed
• Cut the wax capping off each frame with a heated knife or automatic uncapping machine
• Put them in an extractor to spin out the honey
• Filter out all the wax and dead bees
• Clean up all the mess
And if that’s not enough hard work, the frames have to go back to the hives again….”
For more information on the new Flow Hive jump over to the Indiegogo website for details.
Source: IndiegogoFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Top News