Expanding their Echo Alexa powered range of products even further, Amazon has today unveiled the second generation Amazon Echo Show device which is now equipped with a larger 10 inch HD screen and offers premium speakers with Dolby processing technology and side-firing 2” Neodymium drivers with a passive bass radiator. Together with new integrations with Hulu and NBC.
The new Amazon Echo Show is available to preorder from today priced at $230 and will be officially launched on October 11th, 2018. Tom Taylor, Senior Vice President, Amazon Alexa explains a little more :
“Customers tell us they love the convenience of being able to ask Alexa to show them things. Today, we’re making the voice-first, visual Echo Show experience better in every way by adding even more experiences to delight our customers—a dynamic and vivid display makes watching live TV enjoyable, new speakers for music and music videos, two-way doorbell video calling, simple set-up and control of smart home devices, Skype calling to friends and family, and all-new visual features.”
Features of the new second generation Echo Show:
– Premium speakers with Dolby processing let you stream music and books in crisp, stereo sound. With a vibrant 10″ HD screen for watching videos, movies, and TV shows—in a new fabric design.
– Ask Alexa to see lyrics and album art with Amazon Music. See weather forecasts, calendars, to-do lists, and your favorite playlists.
– Watch live TV and sports with a Hulu subscription, movies and shows from Prime Video, or the news.
– Make video calls to anyone with the Alexa app, an Echo Spot, or Echo Show. (Skype coming soon!)
– Your new kitchen companion—watch recipe videos, set timers and alarms, and add items to your shopping list.
– Set up compatible Zigbee devices without the need for a separate hub. See your front door camera stream with 2-way audio and notifications.
– With eight microphones and far-field technology, Alexa can hear you even while music is playing.
– With over 50,000 skills and counting, Alexa is always getting smarter. Skills are like apps and let you do more with Alexa.
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.