3DXTECH has this month unveiled its latest 3D printing filament in the form of the new 3DXMAX ASA, which has been specifically designed for outdoor use and is a UV-resistant engineering-grade “weatherable” polymer.
The new 3DXMAX ASA 3D printing filament is available throughout the US with free shipping on orders over $50 and is available in 750g, 2kg, 4kg, and 10kg reels. Providing a low-gloss matte finish and exhibiting lower warp when compared to ABS making it a great filament for technical prints says 3DXTECH.
Matt Howlett, President of 3DXTech explains :
Our ASA has a low-gloss matte finish and exhibits lower warp versus ABS, making it the perfect filament for technical prints. ASA is ideal for exterior applications such as mirror housings, cowl covers, radiator grills, and sensor housings.
Features of the new 3DXMAX ASA 3D printing filament include :
– UV resistant weatherable polymer
– Low gloss matte finish
– Very low / near-zero warp
– Excellent bed adhesion
– Incredible layer bonding
– Mechanical and thermal properties similar to ABS
In recent testing of 3DXMAX ASA, the 3DXTech team printed out ISO test bars and then had them tested at an A2LA accredited lab. With very similar thermal and mechanical properties as ABS, here are some of the results:
Specifications of 3DXMAX ASA include :
– Tensile Strength: 43 MPa
– Tensile Modulus: 2010 MPa
– Tensile Elongation: 6%
– Tg: 103°C
Recommended print conditions:
– Extruder Temp: 235-255°C
– Bed Temp: 90-110°C, cool the bed down by about 10-20°C after the first couple of layers
– Bed Prep: 3DXTech Polyimide Tape, ABS / acetone slurry, or hairspray on clean glass
– Enclosure: An enclosure is recommended to help keep some heat in while printing with ASA
– Support: HIPS support works great to create complex parts.
For more information on the new 3DXMAX ASA 3D printing filament jump over to the 3DXTECH website for details by following the link below.Filed Under: Top News