Yesterday Microsoft announced its revenue for the quarter ended December 31st, 2014, revealing that the company made 26.5 billion during that period.
Microsoft’s gross margin, operating income, and diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) for the quarter were $16.3 billion, $7.8 billion, and $0.71 per share, respectively the company explained.
Microsoft’s commercial cloud revenue had grown triple-digits for the sixth consecutive quarter, reaching an annualised revenue run rate of $5.5 billion and Xbox console sales totalled 6.6 million units, thanks to a strong holiday season. Kevin Turner, chief operating officer at Microsoft explained :
“We again saw enthusiasm and demand around our cloud offerings like Office 365, Dynamics CRM Online and Azure, as well as Surface Pro 3,”-“Our sales engagement worldwide continues to focus on helping customers and partners transition to the cloud and navigate the shifting product mix related to our services and solutions.”
Devices and Consumer revenue grew 8% to $12.9 billion business highlights:
– Surface revenue of $1.1 billion, up 24%, driven by Surface Pro 3 and accessories
– Office 365 Home and Personal subscribers increased to over 9.2 million, up 30% sequentially over prior quarter
– Search advertising revenue grew 23%, with Bing U.S. market share at 19.7%, up 150 basis points over prior year
– Phone Hardware revenue of $2.3 billion, with 10.5 million Lumia units sold driven by growth in affordable smartphones
– Windows OEM Pro revenue declined 13%; revenue was impacted by the business PC market and Pro mix returning to pre-Windows XP end of support levels and by new lower-priced licenses for devices sold to academic customers
– Windows OEM non-Pro revenue declined 13%, with license growth from opening price point devices
For more information on the new Microsoft’s performance during Q4 2014 jump over to the Microsoft Investor website for details via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.