Microsoft has today announced the launch of its final version of Cortana voice control personal assistant on both Android and iOS devices. The launch on the new platforms follows on from the beta testing phase for the Cortana app that has been taking place over the past few months.
In a similar vein to other voice control personal assistants such as Apple’s Siri, Cortana provides an easy way to manage reminders, simple tasks as well as the ability to track flights, packages and scores across both your Windows PC and now Android and iOS mobile devices.
Microsoft explains a little more about what you can expect from their Cortana voice-controlled assistant.
Cortana is your truly personal assistant—helping you get things done by letting your PC and iPhone work together. Your schedule, your interests, your people, your reminders—Cortana makes sure all that stuff is available wherever you need it.
Set a reminder to pick up milk on the way home while you’re on your PC at work, and Cortana will give you the heads up on your iPhone when you’re on the road. Ask Cortana to make an appointment, send an email, open an app, or help you find what you’re looking for. And it’s not only about productivity, Cortana’s always up for a little chit chat. Ask Cortana whatever comes to mind, her answers might surprise you.
• Set and get location and time reminders across your PC and phone.
• Track packages, flights, scores, stocks, and other important info across your PC and phone.
• Use Cortana’s Notebook to view, edit and manage your interests
• Get information and answers to all kinds of questions. If you’re looking for it, Cortana can help find it.
• Have a little fun in your down time — ask anything, get jokes, and much more.
Source: MicrosoftFiled Under: Top News