Micron has unveiled a new addition to its range of solid-state drives this week with the unveiling of the new Micron 9200 SSDs with NVMe, which are the company’s largest capacity hi performance enterprise NVMe SSDs to-date.
Available in capacities from 1.6 TB up to a massive 11 TB of storage the new drives offer transfer speeds up to 5.5 GB/s and read IOPS up to 900K during steady state testing. Features of the new solid state drives (SSD) include :
– Accelerate Applications – Micron 9200 SSDs deliver sequential read/write transfer speeds up to 5.5 and 3.5 GB/s. Random read/write transfer speeds reach up to 900K and 275K IOPS to turn data into information with low latency and high performance.
– Optimize Existing Infrastructure – Micron’s purpose-built flash solutions are easy to deploy and deliver bottom-line value and efficiency to business and IT operations.
– Be Large and in Charge – Optimize and scale out server and storage design with capacities up to 11TB, in industry standard volumes, for even the most storage hungry use case.
– Get Peace of Mind – Offering full enterprise end-to-end data path protection and power loss protection to keep your data safe.
– Reduce Your Cost/IOPS – Micron 9200 SSDs deliver low cost/IOPS along with its low latency and faster performance. Compared with a typical high-end HDD cost over $1/IOPS, the Micron SSD with NVMe delivers a substantial cost saving at roughly $0.01/IOPS.
– FlexCapacity – Allocate storage to meet both application and budget requirements.
– Meet Workload Endurance Requirements – Micron 9200 offers a broad range of endurance levels for today’s most demanding workloads.
Meet the demands of your biggest enterprise workloads head-on with the Micron 9200 series of NVMe™ SSDs, and enable true enterprise storage innovation. With blazing fast performance and low latency, combined with terabytes of storage, the Micron 9200 SSD enables faster analysis and decision making based on ever-growing data sets. The Micron 9200’s innovative architecture combines the performance advantages of NVMe technology with the cost efficiency and reliability of high-density 3D NAND storage.
Source: MicronFiled Under: Top News