Developers, electronics enthusiasts and hobbyists but are looking to create wearable devices may be interested in a new 10 access development board which is complete with a wireless sensor.
The MetaMotion provides both a gesture and emotion recognition platform that is capable of communicating via Bluetooth and is equipped with a wealth of sensors including accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, barometer and more.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the tiny MetaMotion development board which has been created by MetaWear.
Specifications include :
• Product Type: MetaMotion
• Size: 17mm x 16mm x 5mm (with battery)
• Weight: 3 grams
• MCU: Nordic SOC – nrF52 – ARM M4F
• Bluetooth: 4.0 – Low Energy – 2.4Ghz
• Memory: WINBOND 8MB NOR FLASH
• Peripherals: Bright RGB LED and Micro Push Button
• Communication Distance: < 10 m
• Orientation Range: 360° in all axis
• Resolution: < 0.05°
• Accuracy: < 2° (dynamic) < 0.5° (static)
• Accelerometer: BOSCH BMI160 – 3 axes, ±2/±4/±8/±16 g, 16 bits
• Gyroscope: BOSCH BMI160 – 3 axes, ±250 /±500 /±2000 °/s, 16 bits
• Magnetometer: BOSCH BMM150 – 3 axes, 130 – 810 uT, 16 bits
• Barometer: BOSCH BMP280 – Pressure sensor 300 – 1100 hPa
• Ambient Light: LiteON 0.01 to 64k lux
• Data output format: Raw data / Euler angle / Quaternion / Gravity Vector
• Data transmission rate streaming: up to 120Hz (via BluetoothLE)
• Data transmission rate logging: up to 800Hz (via internal Memory)
• Temperature range: -40 to +80 °C
• Temperature accuracy: ±1 C
• Power consumption: 20uA to 20 mA @ 3.0 V
• Connector: Micro USB
• Battery: 100mAH 3.7V lipo battery
• Software: C++, C#, Swift, Objective-C and Java library and API
• Band: Waterproof black rubber band
• Case: Plastic white snap case with integrated button
For more information on the new MetaWear development board jump over to the Kickstarter website for details by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News