Manta5 the creators of the awesome Hydrofoiler XE-1 hydrofoil bike have now opened up preorders ahead of the official launch which is expected to take place during February 2018. Priced at $5,175 the hydrofoil bite is the first of its kind and will be launched as a pilot production run of limited edition hydrofoils throughout New Zealand. Check out the demonstration real video below to learn more about the Manta5 Hydrofoil Bike and see it in action as it allows riders to plane across the surface of the water.
Features and specification of the Manta5 Hydrofoil Bike :
Carbon Fibre Hydrofoils & Propellor
• Hoerner Tip design to minimise drag and extend effective wingspan.
• Easily assembled and disassembled with two Allen-key bolts into the bayonet mount and front tiller.
• Rear wingspan measures 2m. Front wing, 1.2m
• General purpose foils can be used on the widest range of ‘water-terrains’ E.g. Lakes, rivers, and the ocean.
• Carbon fibre reinforced nylon propeller creates a perfect balance producing thrust at low speed and reducing drag at top speed.
Superior Lithium Battery Technology and 400W E-Bike Motor
• Cutting-edge waterproofing techniques ensure battery and motor longevity in both fresh and saltwater.
• From one charge the battery offers an hour of pedal assistance for an 85kg rider in average conditions.
• Battery housing indicators display riding modes, battery status and flight level – allowing riders to optimise their planing speed and ride time.
• Detachable battery pack for easy recharge into any standard wall socket.
• Brushless motor provides pedal assist
• BMS protection against overcharging, overcurrent, excess voltage, deep discharge, short-circuit and overheating.
Bike Frame, Buoyancy Modules, Gearbox and Drivetrain
• The TIG welded 6061-T6 aluminium frame is an aircraft grade alloy revered for its strength and weight advantages.
• Chain & shaft-drive hybrid with industry standard components for easy replacement.
• Buoyancy modules designed to streamline the hydrofoiler both under and above water.
• Proprietary gearboxes have been designed especially to keep the streamlined body profiles narrow to reduce drag.
• The drivetrain is designed with user-serviceability in mind. The crankset sub-assembly, the gearbox sub-assembly, and the propeller/shaft sub-assembly can all be removed independently of each other allowing for easy maintenance.