The developing team at Luna has this week introduced a new feature of their Luna Display 4.0 dongle providing expanded functionality, after Apple “poached” their previous functionality and launched it as Apple Sidecar. Introducing Mac-to-Mac Mode in Luna Display 4.0 allowing you to use any Mac as a secondary display.
“Finally, you can give purpose to your old Macs lying around! No need to have any idle devices. The combinations are nearly endless, and yes, you can even use your MacBook as the main display for your mini! “
– iMac + MacBook Pro
– MacBook + MacBook
– Mac mini + MacBook
Minimum Compatibility Requirements for Mac-to-Mac Mode in Luna Display
– The Primary Mac requires macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later
– The Secondary Mac requires macOS 10.8 Mountain Lion or later
– You will need the latest version of Luna Display on all devices. Free download available here: lunadisplay.com/hello
– Internet connection is necessary as USB is only supported for Mac-to-iPad Mode at this time
What You’ll Need
– Primary Mac: This is the main Mac you will be using — the host Mac from which all of your programs and windows will be projected. The Primary Mac requires macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later.a
– Secondary Mac: This will be your extended display — the receiving Mac onto which you may drag any of your program windows. The Secondary Mac requires macOS 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.b
– A reliable network connection: Mac-to-Mac Mode will work whether you are working wirelessly via WiFi or tethered to your router.
– Luna Display: You will need the Luna Display dongle, and the latest versions of the Luna Display apps for both the Primary and Secondary Mac, which are free and available for download at lunadisplay.com/hello
Source: LunaFiled Under: Apple, Laptops, Top News
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.