LulzBot launched their new open source desktop 3D printer this week in the form of the new LulzBot TAZ 6 which is now available to purchase priced at $2500 and is available directly from the official LulzBot website or from its participating partners.
Check out the video below for a great honest review of the new LulzBot TAZ 6 which offers a 280 x 280 x 250mm print area and is capable of printing a wide variety of different 3D printing filaments.
Engineers, designers, educators, and makers agree: The LulzBot TAZ 6 is the most reliable, easiest-to-use desktop 3D printer ever, featuring innovative self-leveling and self-cleaning, and a modular tool head design for flexible and multi-material upgrades.With proven 3D printing technology and one of the largest print volumes in its class, the
LulzBot TAZ 6 is ready to work. How reliable are LulzBot 3D printers? At our factory in Colorado, USA they run five days a week, 24 hours a day making parts for more printers, recently surpassing one million production-grade parts. Millions of printing hours and an active global user community mean that you can focus on prototyping and making your next project. The LulzBot TAZ 6 respects your freedom with Free Software and Open Source Hardware. The printer’s open filament format and hundreds of supported print profiles allow you to stay on the cutting edge of the industry, with materials including PLA, ABS, HIPS, copolyesters, nylons, elastomers, natural blends, polycarbonate, and more.
Printing specifications for the LulzBot TAZ 6 include :
– Print Area: 280mm x 280mm x 250mm (11.02in x 11.02in x 9.8in)
– Print Surface: Heated Borosilicate glass bed with PEI surface
– Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
– Average Print Speed: 30 – 50mm/sec (1.18 – 1.97in) Using default nGen profile
– Average Volumetric Output: 300 mm3/min (11.81in3) Using default nGen profile
– Print Tolerance: 0.1mm (0.0039in) in X and Y axes;
– Z axis tolerance dependent on layer thickness
– Layer Thickness: 0.050mm – 0.50mm (0.002in – 0.02 in)
– Dependent on nozzle size
– Usable Filament Size: 3mm (0.1in)
Software: Cura LulzBot Edition is standard. Other compatible
– Free Software options include OctoPrint, BotQueue, Slic3r,
– Printrun, MatterControl, and more
Available Tool Head Upgrades :
– Flexystruder: Prints flexible filament materials (such as NinjaFlex®)
– Dual Extruder: Prints two different rigid filament materials in a single print
– FlexyDually: Prints rigid and flexible filament materials in a single print