Adafruit has announced the availability of its new LoRa Radio Bonnet with OLED enabling you to add more radio options with the range of Adafruit Radio Bonnets. Adding LoRa / LoRaWAN radio Allows your project to communicate over very long distances and support direct connections to the Raspberry Pi mini PC. Enabling you to enjoy long-range wireless connectivity to battery-powered remote nodes build Internet gateways.
the Adafruit team explain a little more about the new LoRa Radio Bonnet which is now available to purchase priced at $32.50. “You not only get a radio module, but also a 128×32 OLED display for status messages and three buttons you can use for creating a custom user interface or sending test messages. All of the above is supported with our Python libraries so you can send or receive LoRa data with other matching modules, send data to a LoRaWAN gateway, or even set up your own single channel LoRaWAN-to-Internet gateways.”
They can easily go 2 Km line of sight using simple wire antennas, or up to 20Km with directional antennas and settings tweakings
– Packet radio with ready-to-go CircuitPython libraries
– Uses the license-free ISM band: “European ISM” @ 868MHz or “American ISM” @ 915MHz
– Use a simple wire antenna or spot for uFL or SMA radio connector
– SX1276 LoRa® based module with SPI interface
– +5 to +20 dBm up to 100 mW Power Output Capability (power output selectable in software)
– ~100mA peak during +20dBm transmit, ~30mA during active radio listening.
– Range of approx. 2Km, depending on obstructions, frequency, antenna and power output
“All radios are sold individually and can only talk to radios of the same part number. E.g. RFM69 900 MHz can only talk to RFM69 900 MHz, LoRa 433 MHz can only talk to LoRa 433, etc.” For more information and full specifications jump over to the official Adafruit website by following the link
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.