Developers, makers and electronic enthusiasts be interested to know that Adafruit has announced the availability of its 8 Channel LoRa Gateway Kit which comes with a Raspberry Pi, LoRa and GPS and is perfect for building Internet of Things projects.
“If you’re building a IoT project and need to send data back-and-forth, the WiFi module built into newer Pi’s should be fine for most cases. But, what if you find WiFi does not have a long range you need? If you’re deploying your project somewhere more remotely, without WiFi or a strong cellular network, like a rural area, you’ll need another option. Something that can be deployed quickly with no overhead setup and that will transmit/receive over a long distance.”
Included in the bundle are :
– Raspberry Pi 3 B+
– 5V 2.5A Switching Power Supply with 20AWG MicroUSB Cable
– 915MHz 8-Channel LoRa concentrator + GPS shield
– 16GB MicroSD card ready to pop into your Raspberry Pi
– Magnetic mount GPS/GNSS antenna 1m with SMA connector
– 915 MHz LoRa compatible antenna (2dBi Gain / 50 Ω)
– Mounting kit with 4 x brass standoffs & 4 x washers
– Sleek and compact anodized enclosure (3 pieces): 68.3 mm x 92 mm x 53.5 mm
– 8 x 10mm tall screws
– 4 x 4.75mm tall screws
– 4 x Rubber stoppers
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.