Raspberry Pi enthusiasts at SRKH Designs in Sydney, Australia have created a new Raspberry Pi hat called the NovaPi NP01 offering a new Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA hat designed to suit Raspberry Pi and its clones. A small production run of just 25 Raspberry Pi HATs is being made available with each one priced at AU$399 or roughly £225. Once the crowdfunding campaign comes to an end worldwide shipping will start in October 2019. Possible applications for the stackable Raspberry Pi Virtex-5 FPGA HAT include :
– Large fabric fast FPGA device
– 4x Digilent Pmod compatible headers, 1x SDRAM & 2x independent SRAM ICs
– Suitable for development in Verilog and VHDL
– Multiple boards can be stacked on Raspberry Pi either in series (eg bus interpretation) or in parallel (eg bus decoding, multiple interfacing)
– RPi IOT-enabled FPGA
– Low power wide operating voltage 3.3V-6V
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the stackable Virtex-5 FPGA Pi HAT and its features.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.