Raspberry Pi enthusiasts interested in building their very own self assembly Raspberry Pi laptop may be interested in the LapPi created by SB Components. The easy to assemble DIY Raspberry Pi laptop is now available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges available from £137 for the 5 inch touchscreen enabled system. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the features, functionality and unique design of the portable Raspberry Pi mini PC.
It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing looking laptop but the “LapPi gives you the full functionality of a desktop computer in a versatile, hand-held device – complete with all the ports, processing powers and programs to need to operate at full capacity” say its creators.
Features of the Raspberry Pi laptop include :
– Instruction manual: This manual contains information about how to assemble and operate the LapPi
– Capacitive LCD Touch Screen: 7″ LCD has 1024×600 resolution, while 5″ LCD has 800×480 resolution. The screens support various SBC’s to give you more scope.
– 3800mAh Power bank: Power up your LapPi using this power bank. It is enabled with an On/Off switch and provides battery charging support.
– Raspberry Pi 3B+: The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range. It is included in the LapPi kits. Although LapPi is compatible with all RPi versions also.
– Wireless Touchpad Keyboard: The touchpad keyboard comes with an adjustable resolution. It is similar to a Laptop touchpad. It is the perfect companion for your device.
– Official RPi Camera: The Raspberry Pi Camera Module v2 has a Sony IMX219 8-megapixel sensor. This can be used to take high-definition video, as well as stills photographs.
– 8Ω 5W Speakers pair: The pair of speakers support all your screen types. They are best companions for your movies and audio playing.
– Available colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Black, Clear: 5 colors options are available for the back and bottom panels.
– Power Adaptor: Compatible with all versions of the Raspberry Pi including the Pi 2 and Pi 3. Provides an output of 5V DC 2.5A Regulated Input 100V to 240V AC.
– HDMI Flat cable: This cable features flexible and easy wring. It provides more stable transmission and is capable of dealing with complex environment.
– Micro USB Cable: USB Cable – A Male to Micro B. It has a smaller connector designed to fit smaller spaces.
– HDMI Plug Adaptor: A straight HDMI plug.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News