After previously unveiling their prototype Korg NTS-1 synthesiser back in May, Korg has this week announced the availability of the new DIY synthesiser which comes supplied as an easy to assemble kit which requires no soldering or tools of any kind to construct. Watch the construction video below to learn how easy the Korg NTS-1 digital synthesiser kit is to build.
The Nu:Tekt NTS-1 digital KIT is a unique, flexible, and easy DIY synthesiser at an affordable price point that is compatible with the logue-SDK and packs a powerful synth and multi-effects engine into a compact form factor.
“Get creative and use the NTS-1 in a wide variety of setups. Equipped with AUDIO IN, SYNC IN, SYNC OUT and MIDI IN connectors, the NTS-1 can easily be used in combination with other hardware and software. Belying its size, the Nu:Tekt NTS-1 features a digital oscillator inspired by the MULTI engine as found on the acclaimed prologue and minilogue xd, along with an extremely capable arpeggiator including multiple ranges, scales, and modes, plus dedicated spatial, modulation, and delay sections, each with multiple settings to explore.”
Specifications of the Korg NTS-1 synthesiser include :
– Keyboard : Ribbon keyboard
– Sound Generation 1 Digital Oscillator, 1 Multimode filter, 1 EG, 3 LFO
– Effects MOD (CHORUS, ENSEMBLE, PHASER, FLANGER), DELAY, REVERB
– Input/output jacks Headphone jack (3.5mm stereo mini phone jack), AUDIO IN jack (3.5mm stereo mini-phone jack), SYNC IN jack (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack, 20V maximum input level), SYNC OUT jack (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack, 5V output level), MIDI IN connector (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack) connector, USB port (micro B type)
– Power supply USB bus power mode, Current consumption: 500 mA or less
– Dimensions (W x D x H) 129 mm x 78 mm x 39 mm / 5.08” x 3.07” x 1.54”
– Weight 124 g / 4.37 oz
– Included items USB cable, Owner’s manual, Screwdriver