A new gaming keyboard will be launching on Kickstarter later this year in the form of the Keystone Mechanical Keyboard. Currently in its proof of concept stage of development the new keyboard has been created to provide an “unparalleled leap forward in typing and gaming technology”. Combining High Definition Analog Control and per-key fast Hall Effect (magnetic) sensing.
“Our magnetic switch technology enables near-infinite customization, billion-press durability (20x the industry standard), and full analog control benefits for everyone. Full firmware programmability and optional RGB lighting round out its features.”
Specifications of the Keystone Mechanical Keyboard include :
– Can function for billions of presses vs. millions
– Extra-smooth feel vs. scratchy feel from contacts
– Programmable analog activation points (200+ levels)
– Native analog sensing options vs. non-native solutions with poor granularity
– Easy socketless hot-swap vs. hot-swap sockets and finicky metal pins
– Mechanical Input Club Silo Switches — magnetic, billion press rated technology
– Linear, Clicky, and Tactile Options available
– 1000 Hz USB polling and NKRO
– Analog input from all keys — perfect for games or applications
– Configurable switch activation point for typing comfort or gaming performance
– Hot-swappable switches without troublesome metal legs or sockets
– Open Source firmware, fully programmable — custom key assignments, macros, and more
– Per-key RGB lighting (optional)
– Dual RGB indicator LEDs (Caps Lock / Num Lock)
– Elevation angle adjustment (5, 10, and 15 degrees)
Unfortunately, no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet, but as soon as information comes to light when the Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign will be starting, we will keep you updated as always.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.