Intel has this week announced that its Kaby Lake NUC mini PC systems are now available to purchase equipped with Optane memory. Every 7th Generation NUC mini POC is now equipped with a 16GB Optane module.
While the Intel i3 and i5 iterations remain compatible with Akasa’s Newton S7 and Plato X7 fanless cases, all systems have a 2.5 inch drive bay for additional storage.
Other features include 4 x USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C port, HDMI 2.0, 1 x Ethernet jacks, 1 x audio jack, and an SD card reader.
• 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U
• Intel HD Graphics 620
• 16 GB Intel Optane memory preinstalled. This feature may not be available on all computing systems. Please check with the system vendor to determine if your system delivers this feature, or reference the system specifications (motherboard, processor, chipset, power supply, HDD, graphics controller, memory, BIOS, drivers, virtual machine monitor-VMM, platform software, and/or operating system) for feature compatibility. Functionality, performance, and other benefits of this feature may vary depending on system configuration.
• M.2 22×42/80 (key M) slot for SATA3 or PCIe X4 Gen3 NVMe or AHCI SSD
• 2.5″ SSD/HDD bay. USB 3.1 Gen2 (10 Gbps) and DisplayPort 1.2 via USB-C
– BOXNUC7I3BNHX1 (i3-7100U)
– BOXNUC7I5BNHX1 (i5-7260U)
– BOXNUC7I7BNHX1 (i7-7567U)