Anyone looking for a waterproof, rugged high-capacity flash drive which is equipped with features you wouldn’t find on other devices may be interested in a new drive created by InfinitByte.
InfinitByte has re-designed the flash drive to create a replacement to portable cloud and backup media offering practical rugged storage in a waterproof and impact resistant casing.
Watch the video below to learn more about this next generation of high-capacity flash drive and what it will be able to provide in the way of features and functionality. Its creators explain a little more :
“The InfinitByte Drive: A patent pending Flash drive that is ready to accept advances in Flash memory speed and capacity without the need to constantly replace the drive. Able to share its memory with other devices and allow you to taylor the specific capacity of the drive to your needs and budget and grow with you and the rapid, continuous advances in Flash memory.
A safe and secure way to backup and store your files while providing a practical, compact, durable, stylish and environmentally conscious way to easily access and always have them with you.
– Breaking the Barriers: The InfinitByte Drive overcomes the limitations of Flash memory advances through the incorporation of a chip and board design that allows the drive to operate at USB super speeds up to 5Gbps with an overall memory capacity of up to 4TB.
– Double the Capacity: The InfinitByte Drive holds up to 2 MicroSD cards of up to 2TB each and is capable of simultaneously operating both. The controller chip’s capability means the InfinitByte Drive is ready as Flash memory catches up, not the other way around meaning you only buy the drive once and reuse the MicroSD cards often.
– Memory That’s Shared by All: The dual MicroSD card architecture allows the drive to share its memory with other devices rather than becoming a discarded pile of USB Flash drives in a drawer. Now you decide just how much memory to buy and are able to use it often. Gone are the days of the expensive memory card sitting idle in a camera and the equally expensive Flash drive or backup disk lying around waiting to be used. Now one card equals 3 times the use for 1/3 the price.
– Say Goodbye to that Pile of Adapter Cables: Given that MicroSD cards are ubiquitous to devices such as cameras, tablets, phones, etc., the InfinitByte Drive works like an adapter for these devices to transfer and view those files and as a means to have extra cards readily available.
– Protection, Portability and Peace of Mind: The compact size and high capacity of MicroSD cards and the drive provide a safe, secure and portable means of backing up and carrying important files. The reality is your backup should be in a fireproof safe, not whizzing along at thousands of RPM’s next to the computer its intended to preserve. see the ‘Just the Beginning’ narrative to see how we make this practical!”
For more information on the new InfinitByte flash drive jump over to the Kickstarter website for details.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Gadgets News, Top News