If you have been patiently waiting for IKEA to launch their new smart blinds that automatically close and rollup in the United States, you’ll be pleased to know that they have started arriving at certain stores. Originally IKEA was hoping to launch Apple’s HomeKit but unfortunately back in August of this year they backtracked on their original plans. Add the TRÅDFRI gateway and the IKEA Home Smart app to control your blinds through Google Home. IKEA does state on their website that “Apple HomeKit and Amazon Alexa support will also be available later on”.
IKEA smart blinds are currently available from the following stores in the United States report Reddit users and the HomeKit Hero website.
– Burbank, CA – 30″ and 32″ sizes
– Covina, CA – 30″ and 32″ sizes
– Fishers, Indiana – 30″ and 32″ sizes
– Twin Cities, Minnesota – 30″ only
– Draper, Utah – Both 30″ and 32″ sizes
Features an specifications of the IKEA smart blinds include :
– You can control your blinds wirelessly to adapt the light or create privacy depending on the activity taking place in the room.
– You can use TRÅDFRI gateway and IKEA Home smart app to create several groups of wireless blinds and control them in different ways.
– When you add TRÅDFRI gateway and IKEA Home smart app, you can set your wireless blinds to go up and down with a timer.
– Block-out blinds blocks light from shining through and completely darkens your room.
– For the blinds wireless functions to work, the signal repeater (included in the package) needs to be plugged in to a power socket within 32 feet from the blind.
– The blind comes pre-paired with the remote control and the signal repeater.
– The blind is cordless for increased child safety.
– You need the TRÅDFRI gateway to use the IKEA Home smart app. Download the app for free via Google Play or App Store, depending on which mobile device you have.
– The blind cannot be cut.
– We continuously update the IKEA Home smart app with more functions and possibilities.