A new hands-on demonstration video has been published this week providing a hands-on look at the new HTC Vive Focus stand-alone VR headset which was officially launched earlier this month throughout China. At the current time HTC is not shipping the new stand-alone VR headset to any other countries but expect more news on availability during 2018. The team over at Engadget has published a quick hands-on review of the new HTC Vive Focus headset which is capable of providing 6 degreee of freedom (6DoF) combined with positional tracking.
To recap the Vive Focus stand-alone headset is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 mobile processor and sports an AMOLED display offering a resolution of 2,880 × 1,600 pixels and a refresh rate of 75 Hz together with a 110-degree field of view. Rechargeable battery is included to power the headset which requires no connection to a PC or console and is capable of running for up to 3 hours on a single charge. Other features of the HTC Vive Focus include PD adjustments, USB-C ‘fast charging’ port, microSD slot, headphone jack, head-mounted volume rocker as well as integrated stereo speakers.
The HTC Vive Focus runs the company’s own ‘open source’ API Vive Wave and a mobile version of the Viveport store. Features off the standalone VR headset include :
– Tracking Sensors: World-Scale tracking (inside-out 6-degree-of-freedom),9-axis sensors, proximity sensor
– Display: 3K AMOLED, resolution 2880 x 1600
– Refresh rate: 75 Hz
– FOV: 110 degrees
– Adjustable IPD: Supported
– Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
– Storage: MicroSD slot,up to 2TB MicroSD external memoryThis
– For data and device charging: USB Type-C
– Audio input/output: Built-in microphones, built-in speakers, 3.5mm stereo audio jack
– Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, support to transmit contents to Miracast compatible devices
– Power and battery: Built-in rechargeable battery, QC3.0 fast charging, up to 3 hours of active use time, over one week standby time
Source: EngadgetFiled Under: Hardware, Technology News, Top News