Anyone that is looking to add a little home automation to their lives and be able to monitor what is happening in their house remotely might be interested in a new multipurpose home monitoring hub called the Homsense.
The Homsense has been designed by Wavepod Technologies and has taken to the Kickstarter crowdfunding website to raise the $62,000 it requires to go into production.
Watch the video below to learn more about Homsense and how it can provide a monitoring solution for your home without any monthly fees. The creators of Homsense explain a little more :
Homsense is a connected home monitoring solution with a difference –
– Multiple sensors like water leak, air quality, temperature, humidity, pressure, light, sound, motion, vibration and magnet.
– Works with your existing WiFi.No hubs (ZigBee, Z-Wave, etc).
– Rechargeable battery that lasts over 1 year on a single charge.
– Magnetic docking system for ease of installation and use.
– Small and beautiful package (2 in X 2 in X 0.5 in).
– No monthly fee.
– Every Homsense Uses Multiple Sensors Together
Every Homsense device can give you feedback from multiple sensors simultaneously, making your home even smarter. For example, when you use 1 Homsense device as a security device on a door you can monitor –
– Open/Close activity with alerts when armed
– Temperature in the room and get alerted for fire
– Air Quality, Humidity and Atmospheric Pressure in the room
– Light intensity and know when you left any lights ON in the room
For more information on the new Homsense jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge from just $54 following the link below. If you are thinking of setting up a home automation system you might be interested in our Home Automation Hubs and Systems Guide.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.