Tangent has launched a new green integrated Linux PC, the Evergreen 17.
The Evergreen 17 is completely fanless and uses just 24 watts of power and sits neatly behind the included 17 inch display.
It comes with a 1GHZ Via Eden processor and 2GB of RAM, for storage there is a choice of a a 64GB SSD or a 160GB hard drive.
There is also the option to have the 17 inch integrated display with a touchscreen interface and it supports a maximum resolution of £1280 x 1024, it comes with a choice of either Ubuntu 7.1 or Windows XP.
Graphics is provided by an S3 Mirage video processor, and there is also 10/100/100 Ethernet and optional WiFi, plus 4 USB 2.0 ports, three serial ports and an I/O Port.
The Evergreen 17 measures 15.5 x 14 x 3.5 inches and weighs in at 15.8 pounds.
Here’s the full specs.
- Processor — 1GHz Via Eden (fanless) with Via CN400/Via VT8237R chipset
- Memory — Up to 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
- Memory expansion — optional media reader supports CF/Micro Drive/MS/MS Pro(Duo)/SM SD/MMC/XD (includes extra USB port)
- Graphics/video — integrated PCIe S3 Mirage
- Display — 17-inch SXGA LCD panel, 1280 x 1024 resolution; optional 5-wire resistive touchscreen
- Storage — 160GB (upgradable to 250GB) 2.5-inch ATA HDD, or an SSD up to 64GB; optional CF drive
- Optical storage — DVD/CD-RW combo drive; optional DVD-RW dual-layer model
- Expansion — 1 x mini-PCI
- Networking — 1 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- WiFi — optional 802.11a,b,g
- USB — 4 x USB 2.0 (5 x with CF card option)
- Serial — 3 x serial ports
- A/V ports — VGA, audio out, mic
- Input — multifunction keyboard, optical wheel mouse, PS/2
- Dimensions — 15.5 x 14 x 3.5 inches (with stand); VESA mountable
- Weight — 15.8 lbs (with stand); 12.5 lbs w/o
- Power — 12V DC, 60W external power supply; 24W consumption
- Operating system — Linux, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Embedded
The Tangent Evergreen 17 is available to buy online starting at $1,200 from Tangent.
via Linux Devices.