Over the past few weeks a number of details have been leaked regards the content and new features you can expect to use within the latest Gmail 5.0 update.
Today Google has officially started rolling out the new Gmail 5.0 update which adds support for third-party email providers such as Yahoo, Outlook and others. Watch the video after the jump to see it in action.
The latest Gmail 5.0 update is currently in the process of rolling out to both iOS and Android devices and should be available on your smartphone and tablet very shortly.
The new Gmail update includes the new Android Lollipop’s Material Design restyling which provides a cleaner user interface. The Material Design styling for Gmail update follows on from the likes of Chrome, Newsstand, Play Store, and Wallet all of which have already received the new flatter design with more vibrant colours for easier navigation. Features included with Gmail 5.0 add the ability to :
– Switch between up to 5 accounts
– Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
– Search through all your mail quickly – now with predictions as you type
– See profile pictures as part of the conversation
– Read your mail with threaded conversations
– Auto- complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
– Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
– Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
– Send and receive attachments
– Customize emails with custom scribbles
For more information on the new Gmail 5.0 application update jump over to the official Google Gmail website for details and links to both iOS and Android applications via the link below.
Source: GoogleFiled Under: Android News, iPhone Apps, Top News