Those of you that enjoy using the Raspberry Pi mini PC or would like to become involved in creating electronic and digital projects but don’t have the time necessary to learn everything.
You might be interested in a new system created by Pimoroni Ltd called Flotilla for Raspberry Pi that has been created to help those that might not have hours of time available to learn a simple way to become involved in building projects using the awesome Raspberry Pi single board computer.
Flotilla for Raspberry Pi is a system that offers a range of smart, friendly, and affordable electronic modules that you connect together to create your projects. Watch the video below to learn more.
“We’ve blended smart widgets and even smarter software to make Flotilla friendly for everyone; from complete beginners to savvy Makers. Flotilla helps you make reactive and interactive projects – a robot, digital pet, weather station, anything you can think of!
The Flotilla Dock plugs into your Raspberry Pi with a standard USB cable and provides eight plug and play ports for connecting your Flotilla modules. If your project is more complex you can plug up to four Flotilla Docks into a single Raspberry Pi B+ allowing you to use up to thirty-two modules at once! We’re launching Flotilla with a range of twelve core modules. Using these we’ve created a bunch of great projects for you to get started with!”
– Motion – Movement in three dimensions – just like the accelerometer in your mobile phone!
– Light – How bright is it? Tell if it’s night or day, or if something is blocking the sensor.
– Colour – Hold near an object and it will tell you what colour it is. M&M sorter here I come!
– Barometer – Temperature and pressure. Know your altitude or whether to take a brolly!
– Dial – Turn the volume up to eleven or use as a steering wheel.
– Joystick – Perfect for controlling games or robots. It even has a switch!
– Touch – Tap out a tune on these four capacitive touch pads. Bleep bloop bloop!
– Slider – A mainstay of audio mixing desks, the slider is great for precisely tweaking values.
– Motor – Can drive many things: fans, propellers, winches. It’s not just for wheels!
– Number – From calculators to time machines, ideal for countdowns and keeping score.
– Matrix – A simple display that can show icons, graphs, and games. Much pixels, so visual!
– Rainbow – Add a bit of bling to your project with five controllable full-colour LEDs. Zing!
For more information on the new Flotilla for Raspberry Pi modules jump over to the Kickstarter website for details via the link below and to make a pledge from £24.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: DIY Projects, Hardware, Top News