Adafruit has announced the imminent arrival of a new development board in the form of the Adafruit Feather M4 Express equipped with a ATSAMD51 Cortex M4 with floating point support and 512KB Flash and 192KB RAM.The new development board measures just 51mm x 23mm x 8mm without headers soldered in place and weighs just 5g and will be available to purchase very soon.
Adafruit explains more about the exciting parts of the Feather M4 development board, “you can use it with the Arduino IDE – and it’s bonkers fast when you do, we are shipping it with CircuitPython on board. When you plug it in, it will show up as a very small disk drive with main.py on it. Edit main.py with your favorite text editor to build your project using Python, the most popular programming language. No installs, IDE or compiler needed, so you can use it on any computer, even ChromeBooks or computers you can’t install software on. When you’re done, unplug the Feather and your code will go with you.”
Specifications for the Feather M4 Express development board featuring ATSAMD51 include :
– ATSAMD51 32-bit Cortex M4 core running at 120 MHz, 32-bit, 3.3V logic and power
– Hardware DSP and floating point support
– 512 KB flash, 192 KB RAM
– 2 MB SPI FLASH chip for storing files and CircuitPython code storage.
– No EEPROM
– 32.768 KHz crystal for clock generation & RTC
– 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
– USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
– Built in crypto engines with AES (256 bit), true RNG, Pubkey controller
– Tons of GPIO! 21 x GPIO pins with following capabilities:Dual 1 MSPS 12 bit true analog DAC (A0 and A1) – can be used to play 12-bit stereo audio clips
– Dual 1 MSPS 12 bit ADC (6 analog pins some on ADC1 and some on ADC2)
– 6 x hardware SERCOM – Native hardware SPI, I2C and Serial all available
– 16 x PWM outputs – for servos, LEDs, etc
– I2S input and output
– 8-bit Parallel capture controller (for camera/video in)
– Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.