Adafruit has today announced the arrival of a new product to the range in the form of the Adafruit Feather HUZZAH which comes equipped with ESP8266 WiFi and is now available to purchase priced at $15.95.
The tiny development board measures just 51 x 23 x 8mm in size without headers soldered into position, and is equipped with 4MB of Flash and includes auto-reset support for accessing bootload mode before the firmware is uploaded.
Adafruit explains more :
At the Feather HUZZAH’s heart is an ESP8266 WiFi microcontroller clocked at 80 MHz and at 3.3V logic. This microcontroller contains a Tensilica chip core as well as a full WiFi stack. You can progam the microcontroller using the Arduino IDE for an easy-to-run Internet of Things core. We wired up a USB-Serial chip that an upload code at a blistering 921600 baud for fast development time. It also has auto-reset so no noodling with pins and reset button pressings.
To make it easy to use for portable projects, we added a connector for any of our 3.7V Lithium polymer batteries and built in battery charging. You don’t need a battery, it will run just fine straight from the micro USB connector. But, if you do have a battery, you can take it on the go, then plug in the USB to recharge. The Feather will automatically switch over to USB power when its available.
Unfortunately whilst writing this article the Feather HUZZAH with ESP8266 WiFi seems to already be out of stock on the Adafruit website but the company does offer the ability to enter your details to register your interest and be notified when the development board comes back into stock.
- Measures 2.0″ x 0.9″ x 0.28″ (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
- Light as a (large?) feather – 6 grams
- ESP8266 @ 80MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 4MB of FLASH (32 MBit)
- Built in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- CP2104 USB-Serial converter onboard with 921600 max baudrate for uploading
- 9 x GPIO pins – can also be used as I2C and SPI
- 1 x analog inputs 1.0V max
- Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
- Pin #0 red LED for general purpose blinking. Pin #2 blue LED for bootloading debug & general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.