EuroTile is a complete, compact modular synthesiser, constructed around the popular 1U Tile format. The complete analogue synthesiser offers the smallest modular footprint currently available and has been created by the team at Syinsi, based in Waterloo, Canada watch the demonstration video below to learn more about its construction, features and design. With pledges available from CAD$133 or roughly £75, early bird backers can benefit from a considerable discount from the recommended retail price be closer to $149 or CAD$199.
“The main component is an elegant and durable case fitting up to 12 1U Tiles. The case contains a beefy bipolar power supply with distribution so that power headers are located directly underneath each 1U Tile. There are also two 10-pin Eurorack power headers. It is powered by the included notebook power adapter, but any adapter providing 16V to 30V DC and over 2A can be used. “
“The case is built from lasercut and machined Masonite, sealed on all surfaces with acrylic, and then finished with an attractive and durable textured enamel surface. It’s available in any colour you like, as long as it’s black with white speckles (unless we reach the stretch reward for additional finishes). The top mounting bracket is machined from Aluminium and tapped for M3 machine-screws. It’s powder-coated with a tough textured finish.”
Features of the EuroTile Modular Synthesiser include :
– Small – bring it anywhere.
– Low power – run several off one power adapter, or even a power bank.
– Easy – Each module has only what’s necessary.
– Powerful – Connect anything to whatever.
– Modular – Build the instrument you need.
– Customizable – put modules where you need them.
– Expandable – choose from a large variety of modules from many makers – or make your own.
– Compatible – use them with any other Eurorack modular or case that uses 1U Tiles.
– Inexpensive – Get a complete synth for the cost of a single Eurorack module.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Hardware, Top News