Adafruit has announced the arrival of a new project to their online electronic store in the form of the Espruino WiFi which is now available to purchase priced at $34.95.
– 30mm x 23mm (1.2 x 0.9 inch)
– On-board Micro USB connector
– 2 rows of 11 0.1″ pins, with 2 extra 0.1″ holes
– 21 GPIO pins : 8 Analog inputs, 20 PWM, 1 Serial, 3 SPI, 3 I2C
– Three on-board LEDs (2x user programmable, 1x WiFi activity) and one button.
– STM32F411CEU6 32-bit 100MHz ARM Cortex M4 CPU, 512kb flash, 128kb RAM
– ESP8266 WiFi (802.11 b/g/n)
– All GPIO is 5 volt tolerant (Arduino compatible)
– RTC with external oscillator
– On-board 3.3v 250mA voltage regulator, accepts voltages from 3.5v to 5v
– Current draw in sleep: < 0.05mA – over 2.5 years on a 2500mAh battery
– 500mA polyfuse on board
Adafruit explained a little more about the Espruino WiFi:
The Espruino WiFi also comes with an ESP8266 WiFi module, so you can connect to the Internet using Espruino. Warning: if you only use Assembly and think that even embedded C/C++ is for wimps, this device might explode your head.
The Espruino’s fast response time has a lot of advantages. It allows for quick and easy debugging and is a great way to test your project before your big reveal. In addition, you can control the Espruino from almost anything – Windows, Mac OS, Linux, RasPi, Android, anything that can talk to a USB Serial port.
Jump over to the official Adafruit online store for more details, specifications and to purchase via the link below.
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Hardware, Top News