Electronic developers and enthusiasts may be interested in a new piece of kit which will soon be available via the Crowd Supply website in the form of a modular, open source test and measurement chassis called the EEZ Bench Box 3.
Design to provide a complete hardware and software framework that bridges the gap between – and combines the best features of – DIY hobbyist tools and professional benchtop equipment. The EEZ Bench Box 3 will soon be available to purchase directly from the Crowd Supply site although final pricing has not yet been confirmed.
“BB3 was inspired by the EEZ H24005 power supply, which attracted many enthusiasts with its broad feature set, rich user interface, DIY friendliness, and fully open source design. BB3 will initially ship with modules that provide the same functionality as the H24005, but those modules will be slotted into a device that also delivers improved modularity, enhanced flexibility, greater capacity, and more processing power.
Our campaign will allow backers with different backgrounds, interests, and budgets to configure their BB3 however they like. Get a bare PCB set or add a custom-made enclosure. Add the three core modules, if you like, and you’ll have an Almost-Ready-To-Run (ARTR) bench box into which you can slot one of our power modules. We’re going for maximum flexibility.”
Features and specifications of the EEZ Bench Box 3 include :
– Fully open source design
– Modular architecture
– Full range autoswitch AC input (115 / 230 VAC)
– Minimalist wire harness for simplified assembly and servicing
– Up to three peripheral modules (3U, 35 mm wide)
– STM32F7 ARM 32-bit MCU
– 4.3” (480 x 272) TFT touchscreen display
– Front panel AC power switch
– Front panel bootloader switch for the main MCU (firmware upload via USB DFU)
– Incremental encoder and user-defined switch
– USB 2.0 OTG and 10/100 Mbps Ethernet connectivity
– Four power relays for coupling various power outputs
– Dedicated full-duplex SPI for each module
– Dedicated bootloader control for each module (firmware upload via UART, SPI, or I²C)
– Low noise Ø80 mm cooling fan with speed control
– Remotely controlled by 300+ SCPI commands using EEZ Studio or similar SCPI controllers
– Open source HMI with multiple color themes
– Custom made aluminum enclosure with compact size: 290 mm (W) x 123 mm (H) x 240 mm (D)
Source: Crowd Supply
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.