Makers and developers that enjoy creating electronic projects may be interested in a new uninterruptible power supply which has been created by Harmony Inventions.
The modular interruptible power supply provides a number of useful features including the ability to long-running statistics and is extendable via user code and can be run as a Cape for Beaglebone black development boards.
What’s the video below to learn more about the DVOLX uninterruptible power supply which will help keep your projects running.
The DVOLX (Dē-vulsh) is a small, modular, UPS controller (uninterruptable power supply) extension for the Beaglebone black. What that means is it maintains steady electricity to whatever device is connected to it. If the DVOLX is provided; any source of DC power (like a DC adapter or solar panel), and a storage medium (like a battery), the DVOLX will power whatever device is connected to it and store the excess power to continue to power the device if the DC source ceases to provide power.
Beyond that, this device is configurable through a web browser and monitorable over a local network or the internet. The DVOLX can also be extended through user code to, for example, change how the system charges its battery or how it displays system information. Instead of just setting up a dumb and expensive UPS this unit allows for automation beyond the norm and automatic notifications in exceptional circumstances.
Features of DVOLX include :
– Fast charging protocols to ensure back-up power as quickly as possible
– Compatibility with user provided battery’s and power supplies, no need to pay for proprietary batteries, just bring your own.
– Deep-charging cycles to lengthen the life of you batteries
– Web browser based configuration of system over network.
– Configurable email notification
– Real-time plotting of running statistics
– Remote monitoring through Simple Network Management Protocol
– Configurable notification conditions
– User plugin support
Visit the Kickstarter website for more details and to make pledge from $50
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Top News