Today dropbox has introduced its new Dropbox Spaces offering a new desktop experience that aims to streamline your digital workflow. Dropbox Spaces has been created to bring cloud content and local files together, offering new ways to access everything you need from one central place. Learn more from Dropbox CEO Drew Houston in the video below.
“Work has become too complicated. When you spend your days bouncing between chat threads, status updates, and multiple file types, keeping track of all the details can feel like a second job. We think technology should reduce distractions and take busywork off your plate. That’s why Dropbox is building the world’s first smart workspace—to bring all of your team’s content together while letting you use the tools you love, so you can focus on the work that matters.”
Stay focused — The Dropbox workspace now includes a For you tab within Dropbox in the Windows system tray and macOS menu bar. It uses machine intelligence to surface personalized suggestions and details to make users’ work lives easier. As with other DBXi features, the For you tab gets smarter over time the more users interact with it.
New smart features include:
– File and folder suggestions that help users jump into the content they need, when they need it.
– Calendar integration that surfaces relevant and timely meeting attachments and meeting notes templates.
– Team highlights that show the most relevant team activity highlights in one central location.
Get in sync — New integrations to help teams stay coordinated have also been added to the workspace, including:
– HelloSign extension that enables users to sign documents with just a few clicks using newly designed HelloSign features built into Dropbox.
– Recent activity view in the new Dropbox desktop app that shows the latest file activity and comments at a glance, right alongside content.
For more information on the new Dropbox Spaces jump over to the official company blog by following the link below. “Dropbox Spaces transforms your folders into connected workspaces that bring your team’s content to life.”