Those of you that own a number of different Apple devices such as an iPad, iPhone and Mac. may be interested in a new portable wireless docking system that has been created specifically for Apple devices called DoBox.
DoBox has been launched via the Kickstarter crowdfunding website by a team based in London, UK and is looking to raise £60,000 over the next 30 or so days to help make the jump into production.
Even though the DoBox has been designed for Apple devices it will also allow you to attach other devices wirelessly, check out the promotional video below to learn more about its features and functionality. The creators of DoBox explain more about its inspiration :
We are the Apple freedom fighters. We don’t fight against Apple, we fight for Apple fans to make their lives even better. We love Apple, but we also feel limited in its possibilities. In the recent years, Apple has been intentionally reducing the number of ports on its products, while making us buy over-priced adapters. We have an iPhone, an iPad, and the new MacBook, but we felt frustrated, because we faced the following problems:
– We couldn’t easily connect our old loudspeakers, printers, keyboards, projectors, etc.
– Everything needed a separate adapter, but we could plug in only one cable at a time
– When connecting a cable, we lost the advantage of mobility
– We didn’t feel secure sharing private files on a public Wi-Fi
– We couldn’t attach a flashdrive or an external harddrive to our devices
– We couldn’t share, edit and backup files with others without an internet connection
– We wanted to charge our devices on the go without an ugly case
With DoBox’s multiple ports, you can now connect to more external devices like never before. We give you the freedom of full connectivity.
For more information on the new DoBox jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge from $99.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Gadgets News, Top News