Game developers Bungie have this week unveiled new details about their upcoming and highly anticipated Destiny Iron Banner 2.0 that will build o and tweak the initial Iron Banner offering that caused a few issues with higher player characters.
The Iron Banner with Destiny 2.0 will be accompanied with a beta voice channel shared by players you meet within the games Matchmaking service and will be included in the new updated that will be rolling out next week on Monday, November 17th.
With the Iron Banner 2.0 update Bungie explains :
“Lord Saladin is poised for a return to the Tower. This time, his reappearance will be intentional. After a surprise ambush during what was supposed to be his sabbatical, we sent him packing again. More work was left to be done to realize his new potential.
Some of that work happened today during a planned maintenance window. If the next Destiny Updates stick their landing, we’ll light his shield again very soon. You’ll be invited to approach his altar of war and glory by the end of next week, if all goes well.”
Here’s a confirmation of everything you’ll need to know if you’re to prosper in the new, improved, and exceedingly dangerous Iron Banner 2.0:
Power. Does. Matter! (no, really)
– Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam
– Players below Level 20 can accompany more powerful friends
– Players within 3 Levels can be competitive with each other
– Your DEFENSE rating affects how you take damage
– Wear your best (highest rated) armor
– Players out of your league will seem like a Boss
– Your ATTACK rating affects how you inflict damage
– Equip your best (highest rated) weapons
– Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!
Claim victory to gain reputation.
– Lord Saladin now has five ranks to obtain through victory
– Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved
– The Tempered buff is a twelve-hour boost in reputation gains
– Activate Tempered later during the event to catch up faster
Acquire exclusive Iron Banner rewards.
– Increase your Rank to unlock better gear
– Reforge weapons to reset progression with new perks
– Earn gauntlets and boots to move you closer to Level 30 - See Lord Saladin for details!
Quitters never win.
– Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners
– Defeat grants a token to be redeemed after a future win
– You can carry up to five Iron Medallions at any time
– Partial reputation gains are earned instantly upon victory
Strike while the Iron is hot.
– Your reputation will be reset at the conclusion of this Iron Banner
– Like any competitive activity, each new event is a chance to regain your standing
For more information on the new Iron Banner 2.0 update jump over to the Bungie website for details via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.