Ultimaker one of the leading 3D printer manufactures has this week released a new updated to their Cura 3D printing software adding a wealth of new features, tweaks and enhancements.
The Cura software is developed in house by Ultimaker and is free to download and has been design to be the worlds most advanced 3D printing software.
Iris Smeekes from Ultimaker explains more :
Ultimaker has rebuilt Cura, our industry leading software, from the ground up to create an even more seamless integration between hardware, software and materials. -It now features new pre-settings for materials and default profiles, a very handy undo button, support structure optimization plus many other new abilities.
New features include :
– A new plug-in based system in the Uranium framework
– Time vs. Quality Slider–balancing quality and printing time, geared toward novices and those who simply weren’t fans of the three default profiles
– Advanced Mode–fully configurable with new settings, including the option to create your own view settings
– Support for high-DPI screens
– Optimized support structure in CuraEngine–improves support generation algorithms and provides more options for support structure creation, improving both positioning and degradability
– Undo/Redo–an operation isn’t always right the first time, and based on community response, most operations can now be undone or redone (e.g., moving or rotating objects)
Built on the robust Uranium framework, Cura’s incredibly reliable and flexible, allowing our dedicated software team to easily add new features. There’s even a certified global support team on hand to answer all your questions.
Our innovative software makes 3D printing so easy. For newbies it’ll do everything for you, and for experts there’s a world of advanced settings to tinker with. As it’s open source, we work with our community to enrich it even more. Download it for free .
Upcoming features include :
– Configuration Wizard and Bed Leveling Wizard for the Ultimaker Original and Original|
– All at Once/One at a Time Printing
– Dual extrusion feature
– Improvements to the ‘Lay Flat’ and ‘Split Object into Parts’ features
– Plug-ins supporting DAE and AMF files; directly loading a G-Code file; to support PNG, JPG, and other image formats; and loading Minecraft levels
– An X-Ray View plug-in
Jump over to the Ultimaker website to download a copy for either Windows or Mac OS X
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.