Adafruit has today announced the availability of the Circuit Playground Developer Edition which is now available to purchase priced at $19.95 and provides a great way of learning more about electronics using the all-in-one board that is equipped with a variety of LEDs and sensors built in.
The round Circuit Playground development board is equipped with a ATmega32u4 processor and easy-to-use alligator-clip pads making it simple to add connections as well as power it from a USB or AAA battery pack.
Adafruit explains more about the Circuit Playground Developer Edition which is now available to purchase directly from their online store.
We’ve started out with a Developer Edition of Circuit Playground. This version is designed for people who have a little experience with Arduino already, who want to help build & document projects. There might be minor hardware or software bugs. Once we feel like the design is really solid we’ll revise/re-release it into a universal edition for anyone to use!
Tutorials for the Circuit Playground are available via the link below. Features of the Circuit Playground Developer Edition include :
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor)
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker (magnetic buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, left and right
- 1 x Slide switch
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
Includes I2C, UART, and 4 pins that can do analog inputs/PWM output
- All 8 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs
- Green “ON” LED so you know its powered
- Red “#13” LED for basic blinking
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Hardware, Top News