The very unique Hank Direct Bike folding bike has removed the need for troubles associated with using a chain and uses a direct drive bike pedal mechanism to propel the bike along rather than the age old sprocket chain system.
The bike has been created by Korean manufacturer Bygen and uses levers that transfer power from the pedals to the rear wheel directly. As well as using a very unique way of folding or rather collapsing the bike down for storage and transportation.
According to Bygen the bike creator the removal of variations in chain tension results in a 7-8 percent increase in pedalling power. Watch the video below to learn more about the direct drive folding bike and see it in action.
Features of the Hank Direct Bike include :
– Super-light 7kg range with easy transport and portability
– Fast speed realized by application of 20 inch full carbon wheels
– Sliding-type minimize length
– One touch folding-type handle
– 5 speed internal gear hub (1.2:1, 1.6:1, 2.2:1, 3.0:1, 4.0:1)
– Simple parts
– None of existing driving system like ,chain, chainring, sprocket or deraileur.
Unfortunately no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet, but as soon as information comes to light we will keep you updated as always. For more information on the new Hank Direct Bike jump over to the Bygen website for details.