Ever had the urge to build your own 3D Printer? If you have you might be interested in a new magazine subscription which is currently preparing to launch. That allows you to subscribe and receive a weekly magazine for £6.99 providing the parts you require to steadily construct your 3D printer.
The V3 system might not be the cheapest way to build a 3D printer and the specifications are not the highest, but the process of building a 3D printer that requires no soldering but simply clips and screws together is definitely an attractive project to undertake, if you are worried you would not have the skills to perhaps make one of the other DIY kits currently available on the market.
The V3 3D printer has been designed by Sebastian Conran Associates and includes the following features.
– Single jet nozzle: 0.20mm
– Can print with compostable PLA or strong, recyclable ABS
– Layer thickness: 0.20mm
– Zero waste – prints one layer at a time using only the amount of material required for each object
– Prints any object up to 140mm x 140mm x 135mm
– Print speed: 10–100cm3/h
– Printer weight: 8kg
– Printer size: 400mm x 295mm x 356mm
– Power requirements: 100–240VAC, 144W
– Input format: STL
– Computer compatibility: Windows XP, Windows 7, Mac OSX 10.8+
– Printer interface software: a customised version of Repetier-Host (provided with the printer parts)
“AreVECTOR 3 was designed by multi-award-winning product designer Sebastian Conran, director of Sebastian Conran Associates (SCA), which he founded in 1986 and continues to lead. An internationally recognized product designer, Sebastian studied industrial design engineering at London’s Central St Martins University of the Arts, one of the world’s leading centres for art and design.”
For more information on the new 3D Printer subscription jump over to the V3 website website for details.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.