Developers inXile recently acquired by Microsoft has made an update to the Bard’s Tale 4 Barrows Deep Kickstarter page announcing details of what you can expect in the next update which will be rolling out sometime around June 2019. When released the update will take the form of a new Bard’s Tale 4 Barrows Deep Director’s Cut, offering enhanced edition for gamers to enjoy with plenty of features such as a new dungeon, gear and more.
“As many of you know, we were recently acquired by Microsoft, which is a great boon as we plan out future titles and has the added benefit of providing opportunities to improve our current and in-development game titles, including The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep. We are very happy to be part of this new federation of Microsoft studios. As creators and game developers, we look forward to leveraging and utilising the many tools, features, and services that Microsoft can offer.”
“We are still in development on the free DLC patch, which also includes a number of other player-requested features and items off of our own post-release support list. As the scope of the patch has expanded (and continues to), we decided that it warranted a more formal title than 2.0. When released, it will turn the game into “The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep – Director’s Cut”. We are introducing several new features, most notably the previously mentioned DLC and an engine update, a larger undertaking allowing us to further improve performance and optimisation. Many of those features were discussed in our last update, and include:
– A new dungeon and story line featuring new enemy types
– New items (master-crafted gear and Dwarven Weapons)
– Inventory filtering
– Expanded balancing efforts across the entire game (combat, economy, abilities, etc.) based on player feedback and our own testing
– A new Song of Exploration allowing you to bypass puzzles if those aren’t your jam
– Additional character portraits
– A new intro animatic
– Expanded work on improving localization
– Updated game engine
– Improved performance and stability
– Improved level art
– Reworked main menu
– Numerous bug fixes
– And much more! We are also currently working with Microsoft to improve and optimise our gamepad support.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.