ASUS have unveiled a new mini PC they have created in the form of the ASUS Tinker Board, which resembles a Raspberry Pi PC but features a faster processor, more memory and also provide support for 4K Ultra HD video playback.
Other features of the ASUS Tinker Board include Gigabit Ethernet, and 192kHz/24-bit audio and the ASUS mini PC is now available to purchase throughout Europe and the UK for roughly $60.
Equipped with a Rockchip RK3288 ARM Cortex-A17 quad-core processor, supported by ARM Mali-T764 graphics and 2GB of RAM, the ASUS Tinker Board is a powerful mini PC. Other features of the Tinker Board include and a microSD card slot for onboard storage, together with connectivity via Bluetooth 4.0 and wireless 802.11b/g/n. Ports on the mini PC include 4 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x HDMI output, and a 40-pin header for additional expansion options, with a micro USB for power.
The Tinker Board supports Debian Linux and is capable of easily running the Kodi media center application. Specifications include :
• SoC – Rockchip 3288 quad core ARM Cortex A17 up to 1.8 GHz with Mali-T764 GPU supporting OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 /3.0, and OpenCL 1.1
• System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3, dual channel
• Micro SD slot
• Video output & Display I/F
◦ 1x HDMI 2.0 up to 3840×2160@60p
◦ 1x 15-pin MIPI DSI supporting HD resolution
• Audio – 1x 3.5mm audio jack; Realtek HD codec with 192KHz/24-bit audio
• Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR
• USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port (for power)
• Expansion Headers
◦ 40-pin “somewhat Raspberry Pi compatible” header with up to 28x GPIOs, 2x SPI, 2x I2C, 4x UART, 2x PWM, 1x PCM/I2S, 5V, 3.3V, and GND
◦ 2-pin contact point with 1x PWM signal, 1x S/PDIF signal
• Misc – Button, unpopulated fan header
• Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port
• Dimensions – 85.6 x 54 cm
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.