If you are looking for something very unique to play your music through you might be interested in this very innovative ARC Plasma Speaker, that uses electrical plasma to create the sounds of your tunes or media.
A 30,000 volt arc of electrical plasma is used by the ARC Plasma Speaker to reproduce the sound. Watch the video after the jump to learn how it does this and more about the plasma speaker technology.
The ARC Plasma Speaker might not be the safest speaker in the world but it’s definitely one of the most unique we have seen here on Geeky Gadgets.
“Most people aren’t aware that plasma arcs can be modulated to generate sounds so your friends will be in for a surprise when you explain to them that the plasma arc IS the speaker! Your typical speaker uses an electromagnet to vibrate small drums, but a plasma speaker uses an electrical arc to ionize and compress the air around it to play music, all with no moving parts!”
ARC Plasma Speaker features :
– Simple plug and play audio jack for use with phone, mp3, or computer.
– Uses a laptop power supply that conveniently plugs into any three prong outlet. Can handle 110 or 220 voltages (U.S./Europe/Asia).
– Portable design allows it to be carried in one hand!
– Sleek laser cut case makes it cool to display!
– Loud enough to be heard in a crowded living room!
– Plasma ARC “dances” to the music it plays!
– Glows in the dark!
– Can be used to create a singing Jacob’s ladder and other fun experiments!
The ARC Plasma Speaker project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise enough pledges to make the jump from concept to production. So if you think the ARC Plasma Speaker is something you could benefit from, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help the ARC Plasma Speaker become a reality.