It seems like the Apple [AAPL] iPad pre-orders may have been off to a good start on the first day, with an estimated 120,000 iPads ordered on Friday according to Investor Village.
According to the reported around 69% of the iPads ordered were for the WiFi model, whilst the remaining 31% was for the 3G model, and it seems that the orders were also split pretty evenly between the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models.
That seems like an impressive amount of pre-orders if it is correct. What is interesting the the high percentage of WiFi models ordered, although this could be down to the fact that the WiFi model will be available on the 3rd of April and the 3G model available around the end of April.
Will Apple be able to meet demand, if the pre-orders have been this high? We have already seen the iPad launch date shift from March to April, and if this many iPads have been pre-ordered Apple may have a job fulfilling all the orders on launch day.
via Crunch Gear
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.