Over the weekend Amazon has announced the availability of its new Amazon Fire TV Cube second generation hardware, building on the original design launched previously and now providing more power and increased performance. The new streaming media player supports 4K and Ultra HD and is now available to purchase priced at $120 in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, and Japan. Features of the new new Amazon Fire TV Cube include.
– Fire TV Cube (2nd Gen) is the fastest, most powerful Fire TV ever, delivering a fast, fluid experience for your favorite movies and TV shows.
– From across the room, just ask Alexa to turn on the TV, dim the lights, and play what you want to watch.
– Control your compatible soundbar and A/V receiver, and change live cable or satellite channels with your voice. Control for your over-the-air antenna is coming soon on compatible TVs.
– With the built-in speaker, ask Alexa to check the weather, turn off the lights, and more – even when the TV is off.
– With an ultra-powerful hexa-core processor, enjoy instant access to 4K ultra HD content, plus support for Dolby Vision and HDR, HDR10+, and Dolby Atmos.
– Watch favorites from Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, and more. Stream for free with Tubi, IMDb TV, and others.
– Fire TV Cube is designed to protect your privacy. To electronically disconnect the microphones, press the microphone on/off button.
– With Prime, watch thousands of movies and TV episodes including “Thursday Night Football” and “Hanna.”
– Use the power and volume buttons on your Alexa Voice Remote to control your TV without making a sound.
“With Alexa on Fire TV Cube, you can control compatible TVs, soundbars, and A/V receivers from top brands like Samsung, Sony, LG, Vizio, and more. Plus, tune to live TV channels with cable or satellite boxes from providers like Comcast, DISH, DIRECTV/AT&T U-verse, and more. Learn more about supported devices.”