Adafruit has this week announced a new addition to their ever expanding range of Feather development boards with the introduction of the 900 MHz and 433 MHz versions of the Adafruit Feather M0 w/ RFM LoRa Radio.
Adafruit explains that the new Feather M0 LoRa Radio makes use of the extra space left over to add an RFM9x LoRa 868/915 MHz radio module and although not great for transmitting audio or video, they work well for small data packet transmission when you need a little more range 2.4 GHz.
Specifications of the Adafruit Feather M0 w/ RFM LoRa Radio board include :
– Measures 2.0″ x 0.9″ x 0.3″ (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
– Light as a (large?) feather – 5.8 grams
– ATSAMD21G18 @ 48MHz with 3.3V logic/power
– No EEPROM
– 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
– USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
– You also get tons of pins – 20 GPIO pins
– Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
– 8 x PWM pins
– 10 x analog inputs
– 1 x analog output
– Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
– Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
– Power/enable pin
– 4 mounting holes
– Reset button
Jump over to the Adafruit website via the link below to purchase the boards priced at $40.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.