The D3D-s 3D scanner has been created to provide a way of scanning small objects in high detail such as jewellery. Providing a professional 3D scanner that takes advantage of LED lighting technology for “incredible accuracy” say it’s creators. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the scanning capabilities of the D3D-s which is taken to Kickstarter this month to raise the required funds needed to make the jump into production.
Early bird pledges are available from £3,138 or CAD$5,277 offering a 50% discount off the retail price. “Our sophisticated software achieves exceptional results when scanning jewellery. This technology does not require expensive projectors and cameras. Thanks to mathematics and highly refined algorithms, jewellers can get a 3D model that meets their demanding requirements for precision. The D3D-s scanner is suitable for both self-employed jewellers and professional teams with experience using super expensive scanners. Kickstarter empowered FormLabs to revolutionise 3D printing. Now Kickstarter will help us revolutionise 3D scanning for jewellers!”
Technical Specifications of the D3D-s 3D scanner include :
– Scanning Volume on turntable: Ø 100х130mm / Ø 3.937 x 5.118 inches
– Resolution in width: 15 microns
– Resolution in height: 10 microns
– Maximum weight on turntable: 2kg / 4.4 lbs
– Light: LED light 945 Luminous Flux (lm)
– Color: Mono
– Connectivity: 2xUSB 3.0 (Camera, PC)
– Autonomous Scanning: Computer connection required
– Software: Windows Based
– External Dimensions: 600 x 300 x 420mm / 23.622 x 11.811 x 16.535 inches
– Weight: 10kg / 22 lbs
– Minimum System requirements
Minimum PC system requirements capable of running the 3D scanner take the form of a 64-bit Windows 7/8/10 computer equipped with 8 GB RAM and a OpenGL 3.2 compatible graphics card with a minimum of 2 GB RAM. Recommended specifications include a fast SSD with 4 GB of storage as well as two USB 3 ports for connectivity.