Boulder has created a new stereo power amplifier, takes the form of the 1160 and is now made available to purchase for an affordable $28,000, if your pockets are deep enough.
The Boulder 1160 Stereo Amplifier 300 watt output power can drive any reasonable loudspeaker to realistic levels, say its creators and its front panel depicts the topography of Flagstaff Mountain near Boulder, Colorado.
Boulder explains more :
The art of technological progress, beautifully expressed in the art of visual design, in an amplifier of truly remarkable ability. Let us present to you the Boulder 1160. Awe-inspiring and modern, yet staying true to Boulder’s long-standing guiding principle: maximize performance. Every circuit has been refined and every mechanical detail has been optimized. Everything about the 1160 is executed to a spectacularly high standard. As a result, it is something very special – brilliant.
– Boulder Net control access connects to networked systems & integrated homes and links the 1160 with other Boulder products
– Dual power transformers are DC filtered and enclosed a welded steel case for perfectly silent operation
– Boulder’s 983 gain stage combines discrete and monolithic design for excellent resolution and detail
– Robust output section uses 56 output devices for excellent reliability, control, and power with any loudspeaker
– Improved thermal management reduces operating temperature
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.