Anyone who would like to learn more about the awesome Raspberry Pi mini PC, or just like to build their very own wireless water cannon. May be interested in a new Water Gun kit which has been created by Joe Hoskisson based in Salt Lake City.
Using a Raspberry Pi kit provides an educational introduction to electronics and robotic programming and has been designed for children aged 12 and above.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the Raspberry Pi Water Gun Kit which is now available from $30.
Features of the Wireless Raspberry Pi Water Gun Kit include :
• no soldering required
• quality instruction manual
• complete Python code to get the water gun to squirt and pivot
Along the way in the building process you will learn about:
• How to setup the Raspberry Pi
• How to connect to the Raspberry Pi with your desktop or laptop over WiFi
• Basic circuitry using components such as resistors, transistors, and diodes
• General Purpose Input Output pins on the Raspberry Pi (these pins allow you to control external devices)
• Solderless prototyping boards or breadboards
• Basic programming concepts in the Python language
• Basic commands in the Linux terminal (command line)
As you can see, that is quite a lot to learn. The thought is that learning while you are making something fun will keep you motivated. So whether this is your first or twentieth electronics project and whether you’re twelve or adult-aged, have fun making!
What you’ll get in the standard kit with the current design (subject to improvement):
• instruction manual
• base for water gun
• container for water
• a 3-6 volt dc pump
• dc-dc converter
• cable to connect batteries to Raspberry Pi
• battery holder
• mini solderless breadboard
• jumper wires
• 2 resistors (in case you break one)
• 2 transistors (in case you break one)
• 1 diode
If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.