The latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17046 has been made available to download for free by Microsoft and install onto your PC for Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and for those who opted in to Skip Ahead. As you would expect the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build brings with it plenty of new features, tweaks and enhancements for windows 10 users to enjoy including Microsoft Edge Improvements, Windows Shell Improvements, Input Improvements and more.
Within the Windows Shell Improvements Microsoft has added a new quick way to access the advanced options if you now right-click a UWP app or UWP app tile in Start with this build you’ll find a new Settings option under More which will take you straight there, rather than having to click through multiple navigation options.
Microsoft explains a little more about the general changes improvements and fixes it is rolled out for PC systems :
• We’ve added settings that let you view and manage your activity history, which Cortana uses to let you pick up where you left off. Find these settings in Settings > Privacy > Activity history.
• We fixed an issue where the Properties dialog for This PC in File Explorer wasn’t working in the last two builds.
• We fixed an issue resulting in Insiders with certain third party antiviruses and OneDrive Files on Demand enabled seeing an error in recent builds citing “OneDrive cannot connect to Windows”.
• We fixed an issue that could result in delays during logoff and shutdown when a UWP app was open and in suspended state.
• We fixed a community reported issue where display colors became distorted after upgrading on some TV’s and monitors that incorrectly advertised support for 10/12 bit wire formats.
• We fixed an issue from the previous flight that could cause heavily-threaded DirectX 12 apps to crash on launch after the first launch.
• We’ve adjusted the application of acrylic in the touch keyboard to better align with the fluent design standards.
• We fixed an issue where keys might remain highlighted when typing on the wide touch keyboard layout.
• We fixed an issue where keys might be dropped when typing with the Chinese (Simplified) touch keyboard.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.