Developers, makers and enthusiasts searching for a versatile embedded power monitor based on the Texas Instruments INA209 , may be interested in the Watt-A-Live Power Monitor Shield Wing which is now available to purchase from the Tindie online store priced at $18.
The Watt-A-Live is capable of measuring the load current through a shunt resistor and has separate GND connections to the power supply and the load to make it a true power monitor and has been designed as an Adafruit Feather Wing and Arduino Shield. Or alternatively it can be used as a breakout board with any other controller that has I2C and optional GPIO connectivity.
Features of the Watt-A-Live :
– Adafruit Feather Wing and Arduino Uno Shield connector option
– Current monitor with 2 different ranges for high current and sleep mode measurements
– Positive and negative current flow
– Bus voltage monitor with 2 dedicated GND terminals
– Communication interface: I2C up to 3.4MHz
– 16 I2C addresses selectable through resistor options
– 6 dedicated signaling pins (SMBus Alert, Warning, Overlimit, Critical, Convert and 1 GPIO)
– Operating supply voltage 3.0V to 5.5V
– Optional 4mm Banana plugs for bypass
– Size: 71mm x 54mm (2.8″ x 2.1″)
For full specifications and purchasing options jump over to the Tindie store by following the link below. The Watt-A-Live is populated with a 0.10 Ohm shunt to measure 3.2A to 100µA. Optionally a 500 Ohm shunt can be added for a current range of 640uA to 20nA. Maximum bus voltage is 26V.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.